Saturday 23 January 2016

Old homies

A couple of weekends ago I went up to Ibaraki to spend time with my old crew. We did the stuff we usually do, go to the Drunk Duck in Mito...spend all day watching TV in Robbies flat. Go out for a nice meal, and then get blasted at karaoke and do all our routine tracks. Special mention goes to Daleth for being on perfect form and helping me sing our favourite ELO tune together, Robbie who will whip a harmonica out of nowhere just in time for that Neil Young classic, Daniel for being a teenage pop sensation, Vince for having a voice as smooth as Sinatra and Hana for just bring there...all the way from New Zealand.

I missed Riley a lot. 

Vince, Daleth and JJ will be leaving Japan over the next couple of months. Although I am not in Ibaraki anymore, so don't see them so much, it's going to break my heart just that little bit. 

However, there are still a few old friends staying here and some who have also moved to Tokyo. But I must admit, if none of my old Ibaraki friends were hanging around, I would feel entirely lost and homesick without my japamily. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I put so much time and nonsense in this blog. Thank you for commenting, even if it's trolling, it makes me feel special.