Tuesday 17 November 2015

Shunga exhibition

I went to the big hotshot Shunga exhibition running in Tokyo's Eisei Bunko gallery. 

Very old pieces of traditional Japanese erotica art beautifully preserved and presented.

I knew it would be busy despite going on a Wednesday morning, what I didn't expect was to be the only person under 60 and foreign at the exhibition.

Imagine being in a small art space shoulder to shoulder packed with ojisans and obachans  (old men and women) surrounded by erotica, some of it pretty weird. Claustrophobic, uncomfortable and awkward. I didn't stay too long.

To find out more about the exhibition go here:

http://www.timeout.com/tokyo/art/shunga-exhibition

 Hey who's this loser?:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I put so much time and nonsense in this blog. Thank you for commenting, even if it's trolling, it makes me feel special.