Friday 29 May 2015

Tokyo underground music scene

Note to self... attend this:

Experimental DJ set by Otomo Yoshihide + Seiichi Yamamoto duos & solos

https://www.super-deluxe.com/room/3896/

Actually, this venue in Roppongi looks pretty interesting. There's so many little venues in Tokyo... I'm forever finding curious events going on there, but so rarely unable to attend them whilst living in the inaka.

This is one of the reasons I'm moving to Tokyo in September. I can't wait to throw myself into the underground Tokyo music scene. The more obscure the better.

The strangest live gig I've been to so far in Japan is a toss up between:

The Autopsy Report of a Drowned Shrimp


and

Obutsudan-Sumino

I will also say, that I stumbled upon a trailer for a French documentary called "We Don't Care about Music Anyways..." about the underground Tokyo music scene. Not only do I want to attend the live performance of every artist featured in this thing, but I want to actually watch it. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a place it, but have emailed the distribution company so hopefully I will get a response. I found out about this through...The extended music video trailer I saw is in this Wired article. I can't embed it onto this page soz bruvsky.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I put so much time and nonsense in this blog. Thank you for commenting, even if it's trolling, it makes me feel special.