Friday 30 August 2013

Wonderex

I know this is a really boring post but im VERY BORED. School term starts next week thank god - I`ll actually get to do something for once. Ive been sat in this office for 3 weeks now doing NOTHING. YES ive been lesson planning and trying to learn some japanese, sometimes I get to make little trips with my supervisor to random places to set up all sorts of admin - theres also been the visits to the other schools I:ll be teaching at - at lest those days have been broken up with something, but some days, like today, there was nothing to do, so I completely lost motivation. Im bored of self-studying japanese, you can only spend so many hours in one week. my butt is sick of being on this chair. What else has happened this week? I went for a curry on Monday with this girl who lives in Mito. it was probably the best curry ive ever experienced. ran by an indian family - it was very weird trying to speak in japanese to an indian person at an indian restaurant. hmm. I also met up with daniel and Hana on wednesday for a few beers in my town. we went to this hawaiin bar and had some hawaiin beer - very nice. then we went to this trendy thai style bar which was playing reggae music and was full of indian-style throw things which partitioned off different tables - i thought tht was pretty cool - you get your own private booth thing. ordered some spicy chicken - it was good. and now here is a very boring story about a shop I went to yesterday. Usually I write this stuff to keep my parents in the loop, but Im just so bored at work, that writing about mundane stuff is filling up my time; I had heard about a second hand store in my area, and was very keen to check it out. As you might of heard, Japan`s a pretty expensive place to live (shock shock horror horror).. so the idea of a thrift shop is very exciting. Again, I forgot to take my camera, sorry. But we have adjectives for a reason. The clothes department, where I started out was somewhat of a let down. I didnt find the array of quirky vintage stuff I was hoping for. everything about this place was like a tk maxx, down to the displays, the layout, the atmosphere, the types of people (although japanese versions) TK maxx, which is depressing because I HATE tk maxx- so I think I:ll just stick to uniqlo for cheap clothe thank you. After feeling a little disappointed I thought I would see what else Wonderex had to offer, turns out it had the coolest bunch of stuff! There was a huge section of original star wars toys like what Joe used to collect - all for crazy cheap. They were all american - I was looking at the packaging. That stuff must be worth quite a bit no_? They had a lot of toys - I think all of the crazy collectors at forbidden planet would have been very thrilled. They also had all sorts of furniture, very useful to know about, and very cheap! Someone was explaining this to me the other day, apparently Japanese people like new stuff - second hand stuff is not worth very much AT ALL. the best was The electronics department, it was amazing! they also had a load of records and some record players -so tempted to buy one just so I could have listened to old weird japanese pop music - where else are you gonna find that sort of stuff?.There was also old games consoles with games, a big department of instruments, tvs, hi-fis, household electronics etc etc... great place to know about, and about a 10 minute drive from my place. This was some of the best second hand stuff id ever seen. Japanese people are so clean and respectful - that all of their stuff is kept in amazing condition. good work japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I put so much time and nonsense in this blog. Thank you for commenting, even if it's trolling, it makes me feel special.