Monday 18 September 2017

Yamanashi Typhoon

The plan was to spend a beautiful weekend in Yamanashi prefecture. I was particularly keen because I have never seen mount-Fuji up close before. The best views I've had have been from airplanes.

Unfortunately, as soon as we arrived a typhoon hit, and we spent the entire weekend drenched. The air was so misty, we could hardly see 10 meters in front of us, let alone Mt.Fuji.

So, was the trip a disaster? Possibly, but despite being ill, wet, and disappointed, I had a pretty sweet time.

I think the rewarding thing was to spend time with a group of individuals whom I had met in completely different places, that had all agreed to come along - even though none of them had met beforehand. As it happened, I think we formed a really nice crew. We traded in hiking, sight-seeing and wine caves for combini-crawling, karaoke and a drinking game that consisted of kicking a plastic gorilla-faced owl toy off the top of a Pocari sweat bottle. Alcohol, crap weather and stupidity brought us together. The glue of all true friendships.

Special mentions go to Cindy and Jack who drove an hour in the rain to hang out with us. THANXXX.

What we imagined the weekend would look like


What actually happened 



When it rains, there's no shame in requesting a plastic lid and a straw for your beer
 :


Rockin' raincoats since Sept 2017


I wonder what this statue is supposed to represent?


When in Yamanashi


Curry lunch
フクロウ顔ゴリラ - Who doesn't love a mascot?



Karaoke dessert

This would never happen in South Africa

A plan? There is no plan

Despite our rainy weekend, I felt more sorry for these guys who I came across on my journey home. Carrying a heavy Mikoshi all day during a typhoon. 
Shout out to Oden - my new favourite combini snack. Opposite of a shout out to Yamanashi bus drivers who are massive dickheads. 

There is more, but I'm heading to Odaiba for Tequilla, hula-hooping and some JETAA action.


In the meantime, here's something my brother recommended to me. Nice background beats to clean your house to:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I put so much time and nonsense in this blog. Thank you for commenting, even if it's trolling, it makes me feel special.